Fileshare applet development is inspired mostly by Droplr windows client. Its purpose is to share images over the Internet using on-line services. By now only Imgur (http://imgur.com) is supported. Droplr support will be added when they provide API.
Fileshare applet features
- select screen area to grab, show preview and upload
- link to the result image is automatically stored in the buffer, just paste to share the link
- drag'n'drop image files to 'File Grabber' to upload
- Imgur account support: run 'Log in' menu item to connect application to your Imgur account
For Ubuntu and Debian usersDownload and install latest deb package from releases page.
For Windows users
- Download and run PyGTK all-in-one installer: http://www.pygtk.org/downloads.html
- Run fileshare-setup.exe
Special thanks to
- Droplr developers for idea
- Weather Indicator Team for first steps in Unity Python toolbar application development
- VladX, Nanoshot developer for many great PyGTK examples